Occasionally, Duke Energy may send employees or authorized contractors to your home to perform meter work or some other service. Please remember the following safety tips to protect yourself and your family.
- If you ever question whether the person is a legitimate representative of Duke Energy, contact us to verify their identity and reason for the visit.
- Always ask for identification. Employees of Duke Energy Progress and Duke Energy Florida may have identification associated with their respective utilities.
- In some instances, representatives from private companies may be working in your area on behalf of Duke Energy. If they do not have an official identification card, ask for their name and the reason for their visit, and then contact Duke Energy to verify the information.
- Do not let anyone into your home unless you have verified their identity, or you have scheduled the visit through Duke Energy in advance.
- Call police immediately if you believe the person is an imposter.
- Duke Energy does not charge customers for tree-trimming work performed in your area that falls within our scope of work.